Obtaining building certification can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. To get you started, we have developed this short and concise list of documents that are needed when requesting Building Certification services in the ACT.
- Appointment of Certifier and Application for Building Approval - Click here to download the form
- Appointment of Builder and Application for Commencement Notice - Click here to download the form
- Full architectural plans of the project
- Engineering plans and soil classification (if required)
- Proof of ownership of the property
- An Energy Efficiency Rating assessment - applicable to Class 1A buildings (residential houses) in the ACT
- Home Warranty Insurance certificate of currency - applicable to Class 1A buildings (residential houses) being built under a general Builders License (not required on Owner Builder licenses)
- Information for adjoining resident about proposed exempt development - click here to download the form (not required when building in a new suburb)
- Summary of written information for building certifier - click here to download the form (not required when building in a new suburb)
- When the project has been completed, the Application for Certificate of Occupancy - Click here to download the form
For processing building approvals in NSW, please contact our office.
Vaziri Consulting Engineer Pty Ltd can assist you throughout the whole process.